Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
-Siddhartha Gautama

As our trip is about halfway over already, it is becoming more and more apparent that it is going to be so hard to leave this place and all the people here. Almost every night after family time in the boys dorms, one of the boys asks me, "When you go back America?" And as the number is getting smaller and smaller, it is harder for me to explain why I have to go back. I really do wish I could stay here longer, but unfortunately we will be leaving in 10 days.

Seeing the kids here is the best part of every day. Every night we have family time, and I sit around with the boys telling them stories, and reading them "Will you always love me?" as they fall asleep. Our entire mission this trip was to spread happiness to the people in India, but the kids and all the people here have made me happier than ever.

However, not all the kids are as sweet as they might seem. Tonight i made the mistake of joining a water fight with a couple of the older boys. When I thought it was over, I started heading back to our hostel from the boys dorms. I was enjoying the peaceful walk over, when out of the trees in the pitch dark ran three kids with buckets full of water, and drenched me. I ran down the path, only to get hit again from a kid hiding inside the school. These kids really don't mess around with this kind of stuff, but I fully plan on getting revenge tomorrow night.

So know i am soaking wet, and about to fall asleep. It has been a long day of moving hundreds of cinder blocks, playing soccer and cricket, and even seeing a snake charmer milk and drink venom from a viper! It was an awesome day and we will post more pictures and hopefully a video of the snake charmer later! Thank you to anyone who is actually reading this, we can't wait to see you all when we get home, although I think we are all dreading the day we have to leave to "go back America."

No comments:

Post a Comment